Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Beautfiul New Beads!

So yesterday I dragged myself out of the house (my allergies are killing me this week!) and headed to the Rings & Things Bead Tour Show here in Dallas. It was my first time and I LOVED it!
I'm always hesitant to buy more expensive stones when I can't get my hands on them first, so this worked out to be a great deal for me. I could see the quality, shape and size of each bead, which really helps me visualize it in my jewelry. I ended up spending more per bead than I think I ever have, but I got great quality beads at very fair prices.
I'm hoping to sit down this weekend and spend some time creating some new pieces with these beads - I've got so many ideas running around in my head right now I'd love to see them come to life!

Beautiful Gemstones - Aquamarine, Peridot, Amethyst and Rose Quartz (watch for earrings coming soon!


Fun Aqua and Emerald Foil Glass


Really Beautiful Yellow Opal Nuggets


The most expensive of my purchases - Sterling Silver Flowers and Owls


Fun Glitz and Glamour - Midnight Blue Faceted Glass


I've been wanting to buy pearls for so long - these are beautiful Pink and White Freshwater Pearls!


And my favorite beads - I'm just always drawn to Recylced Glass. The texture, the color - they're really mesmerizing!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty selection, I love Rings N' Things! I can't wait to see what you'll make with the Recycled Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tweeting about the Rings & Things show in Dallas. I had no idea that happened here. I'm now on their notification list. Love what you bought, and LOVE the wire wrapped rings you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the semi precious what lovely shapes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aquamarine glass beads are fantastic! Can't wait to see what you make with those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got your hands on some beautiful beads, I especially love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Those beads are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete